Brief Proposition :
This document gives a brief idea about the format of Indian Classical & Light Classical Vocal Concerts rendered by Swati Natekar.
Target Audience :
Organizers of Traditional Indian Concerts & Organizers of World Music Festivals.
Concert Content :
Khayal, Thumri, Dadra, Bhajan & Ghazals.
Concert Duration :60-120 Minutes.
Team Members :
Accompanying Artists on Harmonium, Tabla & Sarangi or Violin or Sitar + Manager. Sound Engineer if local Sound Engineer is not available.
Listen to Samples of Tracks performed at Concerts (In no particular order)
Thumri – Najariya lage nahin
Khayal Bandish - Payaliya
Khayal – Lagana Tose Lagi
Ghazal – Dayam Pada Hua
Bhajan – Badarare
Thumri – Chhaba Dikhalaja
Thumri - Balamawa
Bhairavi – Baju Banda
Swati Natekar is a London (U.K) based Vocalist specialized in forms of Indian Light Classical Music. Swati has been trained in Music by her Guru and Mother, Dr Sushila Pohankar who is a distinguished PhD, Musicologist in Indian Classical & Folk Music.
Swati’s Published Highlights:
1. The Voice on Jakatta American Dream> (Ministry of Sound)– a Dance track which reached at the top of the U.K Mainstream Dance charts and appears on more than 20 Dance compilations.
2. Vocals on tracks “Beyond Skin” & “Nadia” from Nitin Sawhney’s album Beyond Skin which was nominated for the top-most Mercury music award in the U.K.
3. Vocals on Dance Track “Prayer for a God” by DJ Producer Darren Tate.
4. Thumri Album “Birha” by Sony / Navras Records, U.K.
5. Ghazal “Kabhi Unke Milan ki” on the Sony / Navras Records album “Paigham-e- Mohabbat” produced by Muzaffer Ali, the famous Bollywood Director.
6. Own Ghazal album “Dhanak” (Times Music / Navras Records / Vanilla Music).
7. 4 tracks on latest Universal International B.V Music Compilation “Incredible India”.
8. Co-written Popular Track “Khwaab” with Niraj Chag – Album “Along The Dusty Road” – Lots of airplay on Radio ClubAsia & BBC Asian Network.
Nitin Sawhney - Talvin Singh - Craig Armstrong - Zakir Hussain - James Asher - Geoff Wilkinson - Niraj Chag - Muzaffer Ali – Biddu - Sonu Nigam.
Concert Duration:A live Fusion concert, based upon Swati's World Music album of her compositions, 'Destiny Chakra' with a theme of Sufi, Spiritual, Indian Classical & Drum 'n Bass influence.
“The In-laws” (Warner Bros) - “ Kiss of the Dragon” - “ Republic of Love”
U.K (Barbican, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Bull Theatre, Alexandra Palace) WOMAD-Reading U.K, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, South Africa, The Caribbean, India, Pakistan, TV Channels – MTV, Zee, B4U, VH1, “Les Dangereuse” 2006 Tour with Juliet Robert and Babani Kone ( 5 cities in the U.K including at Queen Elizabeth Hall, South Bank)
Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Producer & Session Vocalist on a number of TV & Radio Jingles. Teacher of Indian Music. Consultant for Indian Music Compilations.